Fender Jazz Bass Mexican ? Japanese ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Racsen, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    Now I have Cort GB35A bass and it has a bright tone like other cort basses and i like fender jazz bass tones so much and decided to buy a fender ...

But i cant force for and USA made fender jazz and now i m searching other countries made.

I found 2 jazz bass in my city first one is a mexican fender jazz and it costs 700$ it think it is a new bass

and second one is a japenese fender bass and it costs only 450 $ bu it is a used but like a new bass first owner used it only a few months or weeks..

What do you think about this i m open for all opinions and some times i am thinking keep my bass and go for buying some pedals like sansamp or an comperssor or a bass v-amp..

I am so confused and again i like so much fender tones and my band and ı are pleying some blues songs or old rock style and i will play some pop songs for money and i am little playing some jazz parts ..

thanks for your opinions from now :)
  2. Go with the Japanese version. If it's not a squier. 700 for a MIM is kinda steep...
  3. Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    I think it is not a squier but i will try it tomorrow or in this week
  4. Yeah. Let me rephrase: if it's a mid eighties JV series Squier, hop on that. If it's any other squier, for that money, then pass.
  5. Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    Little help please :(
  6. WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    $700 is way too much either Made in Japan or Mexico.

Play the basses you can find in your area. Pick the one YOU like the best if you can get the deal you want. It doesn't matter where it was made. I've played a zillion basses lately looking for a new toy, and I found many Mexican Jazz basses that played and sounded better than some of the US made ones I saw. No matter where the bass was made, Fender has some big variation in their quality control, so check each bass out carefully.

Half the fun is looking and trying different basses, so take your time and find the one that suits YOU best.
  7. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    If one of them doesn't call to you over the other, then the "rational" thing would probably be to get the used Japanese. I have two Mexicans and a Japanese and love them all, but the Japanese is considered a littel better by most people. Since it's only been used for a few months, you'd be getting a good bass for good money.
  8. geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    hi racsen,I had a Fender MIJ 75 reissue 6 years ago,it was great,no problems at all,I havent tried any MIM Fenders yet,but I am sure you can get some good ones , as woodyg3 mentioned above,you should try both,and pick the one you like most.I fink 450 bars for a MIJ is a good price (if it plays and sounds good)
    I also fink if you want to get a new bass,if that is your priority,spend (or save) your money for that purpose,dont spend your money on pedals instead.
    good luck