1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jazz bass or Warwick Streamer LX4?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DSBass, Oct 11, 2013.

1. DSBass

DSBass

Nov 14, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hello. Just need some input. I have the opportunity to get an American Fender Jazz bass or a Warwick Streamer LX4.
    I have played and owned a couple of jazzbasses both american and mexican and love them. Love the tone and the feel.
    I also love Spector NS2000/4 which I used to own.

Would I like the Warwick Streamer LX4 is the question? I play mostly rock but want as versatile bass as possible.

I know I cant go wrong with a jazz. But I have always been curious on Warwicks.

Today I have a Stingray 5 that really isnt my thing.

What do you think? I know the warwicks are superhard to get rid of in Sweden if I dont like it

2. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    You would like a Corvette with dual jazz style MEC pickups or a Streamer (Warwick's take on Spector as some say) but still I think you'd always feel at home (I do) with Fender Jazz bass

Cheers,
    Wallace

3. DSBass

DSBass

Nov 14, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks. I guess your right. They feel so damn good. I have now 2 jazzes to choose from. One from 1997 and one from 2010. Which should you choose? If they both play and sound nice that is.

Best regards/Daniel

4. Fenwick

Fenwick

Dec 9, 2012
    Montreal
    Well As a Streamer LX4 owner I am biased. I did consider buying a Jazz (Am std) before the Warwick, but I find the Streamer is a nicer instrument.

Soundwise, the Streamer is much more modern and ultimately more versatile with the 2 band-eq I think. People talk about the slap tone of Jazzes, but with the pickups blended 50/50 (100/100?) on the LX4 I get the best slap tone I've had from a bass. It bites, it's aggressive.

The ergonomics of the Warwick are nice too.