1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender jazz bass relic with Basslines pickups and pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by frootbooty, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    This started out a beat up midnight wine jazz bass. I hated the color, so I decided to sand the whole thing down by hand. I ended up staining it a dark brown and then sprayed it with satin poly. It turned out much better than I thought it would. Please note, I do not claim to be a professional and this was my first time messing with anything like this. The front came out pretty nice. For some reason, the back is a bit more spotty and looks like a tree trunk to me. The finish is pretty smooth throughout though. There are a couple drip spots, because I never sanded the final application of poly.
    The truss nut was stripped on the neck, so I decided to replace it. The new neck is an allparts I picked up with a 70's logo on it. The pickups are seymour duncan basslines, but I'm not sure which model. They sold me on duncan pickups though. Also has a basslines preamp in a routed spot under the pickguard, as well as a 9 volt battery. The controls are vol with slap pull, blend, bass treble stack, and mid. The bridge is a badass II.
    Plays great and has low action. It feels quite light, probably lighter than any of my jazz basses. I believe the marks on the pickguard are because I haven't taken the plastic off it yet. The pickguard could use a little sanding with the dremel, as it slightly hangs over the control plate
    I can get some more pics up later. I just wanted to see if anyone was interested up front. I am really just trying to thin the herd, so if it doesn't sell, I won't be terribly hurt.
    Looking for $413 shipped CONUS.

Attached Files:

2. igroove4god

igroove4god

Oct 27, 2003
    Please email me more pics if possible to: gruuvs@gmail.com
    I would probably offer $475 shipped to Hawaii (zip code is 96815) via USPS Priority..I have had 100% zero problems with basses being shipped that way.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you. BTW, is there a case or gigbag included?

Thanks and Aloha!
    Frank Carillo

3. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    stuff160.
    stuff159.
    stuff158.

It actually feels to me like the logo has been finished over.
    Also, the pickguard doesn't line up perfectly and overhangs on the control plate slightly

4. BassForGrace

BassForGrace

Jul 3, 2009
    would you ship to canada?

5. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I would think i could ship to canada, although Fedex looks like it is $80-85 to ship a box of this size there. In that event, I would have to ask you to pay shipping. I don't really want to eat that much

6. engage757

engage757 Banned

this is actually a sweet looking bass... not sure why, but I kinda like it! very unique. good job mate!

7. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I had a question about this, so I'll clear it up. That is a hipshot extender in the headstock pic, which is why the E string tuner does not match the others. The original matching tuner is back on the bass, as I'm using the hipshot on another instrument now

8. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Puralator shipping is $40 from texas to canada...

They are good. I like em.

9. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I wish you wanted a Brubaker.. I really like this bass.

Free bump!

10. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Damn J! You don't like the brute! And even worse... you don't like it! :D

11. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I just have to get rid of some stuff. I think I have 29 basses right now, and it's getting pretty ridiculous in my music room.

If anyone would prefer it passive, for $355 shipped CONUS I'd throw in a set of passive aftermarket j pickups and rewire it passive. I would of course keep the duncan pickups and preamp. Only problem is the output jack is at the bottom, so if it were wired passive with vol, vol, tone, then the bottom jack would serve no purpose and either need to be filled or just left as a dummy

12. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Debating parting it out bump.
    $413 shipped CONUS as it is now

13. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dang, I wish I had the cash available - I'd love to get my hands on this one !

14. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    If my Brute sells, Im all over this.

15. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Sell that Brute dawg!!

16. Dark Horse

Dark Horse