Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jazz Bass setup

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bass Spectrum, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Bass Spectrum

Bass Spectrum Guest

Nov 3, 2003
    Bel Air, MD
    Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I need some advise about a persistent problem I'm having with my Fender Jazz Bass. I bought a FMT American Deluxe off EBAY last October. The bass is beautiful except for the constant buzzing I get in the upper register(10th - 13th frets) of the A and D strings. What's even more troubling is when I depress the 12th and 13th frets, I get the same exact tone - again only on the A and D string.

I was taking my bass to a local repair shop, and the bass would play fine until I change strings, then it would "act up" again. It's getting too expensive for me to keep doing this.

If anyone has any advise, PLEASE let me know

Thanks,

Bass Spectrum

2. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    A simple bridge heigth adjustment on the A and D strings probably will correct your problem.

Sometime an instrument that is set up for the absolute lowest possible action will buzz with the least amount of humidity or temp swing.

You will be paid back many times over for the time spent learning to do your own setups. It really isn't complicated.

3. You need to learn to do your own setups, follow the instructions given
    at http://www.mrgearhead.com/faq/basssetup.html

Good Luck.....welcome to TB.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

4. Bass Spectrum

Bass Spectrum Guest

Nov 3, 2003
    Bel Air, MD
    Thanks Treena, I checked it out and I'm going to give it a try.

Kevin