1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Jazz Bass Special, Fretless, MIJ @1987, none more black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jeremy Allen, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Mid-1980's fretless Jazz Bass Special, MIJ, black with matching headstock, unlined rosewood board. Stock Fender PJ pickups, V/V/T with pickup selector switch. (The tone knob rolls off treble in one direction, and bass in the other.)

The bass is in excellent condition, with one very small ding in the board outside of the E string (does not affect functionality). I recently had it set up and put back in stellar/easy playing condition.

This is an ideal "starter fretless," but it sounds good enough to keep for any purpose. The MIJ bodies were whatever, basswood and light, but it sounds great and the neck is OUTSTANDING. I just can't play the dang thing in tune, so I'm sticking with frets for the time being.

SOLD

Clips: bridge pickup w/treble rolled off on tone knob (burpy Jaco)
    P pickup, tone wide open (fretless P-bass)

IMAG0176.
    IMAG0177.
    IMAG0178.

2. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    PM Sent

3. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Whoa! So many great looking basses for sale at TB it almost breaks my heart...

4. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Wow! Nice Condition for a Great Price!

I have 2 of these with Frets, and I don't think they EVER looked that nice. (User contemplates what one of his Fretted necks would look like on this body!)

5. Single Coil

Single Coil Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    PM Sent

6. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Gone for good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.