For Sale Fender Jazz Bass Special MIJ 1984-87

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JWKite, Dec 20, 2021.

1. JWKite

JWKite Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2020
    Atlanta, GA USA
    I play in a local band. I also make, sell, and rent AV gear, mostly to local schools.
    Price:
    $800
    Strings:
    United States
    Hi everyone - I'm relatively new to being active on this community, but I've learned a ton from it over the years.

I believe there are some people here who appreciate this specific bass, and I hope one of y'all will give it a good home where it will be properly enjoyed. I've owned this bass since the mid '90s, and I believe I bought it from the original owner. It's still a really good instrument, but I'm looking for something else (and am in need of a five string).

The instrument is in very good condition for something that's at least 34 years old. All of the electronics are original. The cavities have been lined with metal tape and I added a thumb rest which I know slightly changes the appearance. There is some minor chipping on the headstock and I noticed one tiny ding on the face of the body. The bridge is visually showing its age but is fully functioning. It has the original knobs, but one of the F logos was lost long ago. Three is a scratch on the back (visible in the picture), and the cardboard over the electronics panel is definitely showing its age and might need to be replaced in the near future.

Sale includes the original hard shell case, as well.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions or take measurements if that will help.
    Betty2.jpg

Betty1.jpg

Betty4.jpg

Betty3.jpg

Price does not include shipping. My wife sends her artwork all over the world, and we will work together to ensure it is properly packed, shipped, and insured.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  2. someone added the thumb rest…
    pickups and everything look original…
    good luck with it, great instrument

JWKite likes this.
  3. JWKite

JWKite Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2020
    Atlanta, GA USA
    I play in a local band. I also make, sell, and rent AV gear, mostly to local schools.
    Thanks! And yes, I did add a Fender thumbrest and should have put that in the description. To my knowledge everything else is original.

stefancaunter likes this.
  4. JWKite

JWKite Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2020
    Atlanta, GA USA
    In case anyone is interested, this bass weighs in at 9.8 lbs

5. limit6

limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Great bass, really nice description and pictures. best of luck with the sale, this looks like a great bass.

JWKite likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022