1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jazz Bass Special Tone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassJoRD, Nov 25, 2010.

1. bassJoRD

bassJoRD

Nov 25, 2010
    heyyy everyone i love the tone that a fender jazz bass special has and would love to own one but there are none around that take my fancie.
    in the mean time i have a standered fender p bass is there a way i could get a jazz special tone out off this ???? (im thinking duff mckagan sort of tone)
    any help will be loved thanks guyes !!!!!

2. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Howdy!

You can get a Duff type tone...you need to have a Jazz bridge pickup routed into your p bass body and wired in to match what is in Duffs sig model. Now that being said it might be more cost effective to just buy a P/J configured bass....

3. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Get a J pickup installed or buy a PJ bass and put different pickups in it. A Fender P pickup from the 80s and a SD Hot Stack J pickup will give you a sound like the Duff signature model. In my experience the jazz special pickups will give you their sound in almost any bass. My primary is an SX jazz routed for a P in the neck and jazz bass special pickups. Sounds almost exactly like my Fender does.