Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Swifty, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Swifty

Mar 25, 2005
    I recently purchased a Fender Jazz Bass but seem to be having problems with it.When having both pickups fully on the tone control knob seems not to alter the tone at all.I presume this is not normal ? Also the "c" notes on the "a" & "g" string seem to be alot quieter than say the "d" on the "a" string & the "d" on the "g" string. Any help is much appreciated.
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Seems that you probably need a proper setup. Start with new strings, pickup height adjustment, neck/truss adjustment and bridge intonation. You can do all this yourself but I suggest a local luthier/guitar tech do it for you. I say new strings because most stock strings are not of the highest caliber (unless it's a high end bass).
  3. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    Something's going on with the wiring. Either something was miswired or there is a short in the circuit somewhere. Have it checked out, it happens.
  4. Winemule

Winemule Guest

Feb 27, 2005
    Take it back to the dealer and demonstrate the problem. The dealer should make good on it without a fuss. If the dealer balks, pull out your Glock and ask why. :D
  5. JFN

JFN Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2003
    I had the same problem with the tone knob on my 75 RI J bass when I got it. When I had it setup, the guy replaced a capacitor and the tone worked fine.