1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jazz Choice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cannabassist, May 2, 2010.

1. Cannabassist

Cannabassist

Apr 1, 2010
    I've been thinking about getting a fender jazz bass. The ones that grab my attention most are the 1975 reissue and the american standard or deluxe jazz basses. I don't have the luxury of a shop in which to try them out in, I've only played a mate of mines vintage 1975 reissue which was very nice.

Assuming that cash is not a factor, what are your preferences?

Thanks.

2. I play an American Standard 08' Jazz V. I like alot because it does all the work for me - I just play it.

3. The MIA Standards '08 and newer are awesome. So is the new MIA Deluxe line. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Go with the features and looks you want.

4. I would like all the features on the new 2010 Jazz Deluxe on a passive bass
    wait what? theres a passive/active switch?
    yeah if I had the cash right now I would have this in my home:
    [​IMG]

I have a 97 American Standard Jazz that I love:
    Passive
    thicker neck front to back rather than the C shape common on GL Jazzes
    string through body
    and simple no nonesense electronics (none of that S-1 business)
    then again if I had an S-1 I would probably use it ......maybe

5. ^ I love the look of those natural new Deluxes but I wish they had alder bodies. I really dislike ash. Never could bond with it. Fingerboard wood doesn't matter, but body wood really does, at least to me.

6. I just changed it to white
    I saw a natural version in the 2010 American deluxe club thread and no offense to
    the owner but to me it didnt quite look like a bass costing over 1500 bucks
    It may have been the lighting but it looked rather cheap to me like an SX (heresy I know!)

I like the MM natural finish with the black guard so Im sure it looks stunning in real life but I also dig the Oly White one too

7. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    MIA Deluxe. You get the best of both worlds with the passive/active bypass.

8. alangoldstein

alangoldstein

Jul 23, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Endorsments: Aguilar, Hartke, DR strings, Analysis Plus "Oval" Cables
    my choice is ( and none are USA made ) ::: 70's reissue, geddy, marcus, jaguar, and road worn jazz i want all of those

9. Cash is always a factor... The Marcus Miller is my favorite Fender Jazz-style bass but for half the price you can get a Jaguar, which isn't really a Jazz but close enough and can do so much more.

10. I'm liking the Classic 70s jazz!

001-2-1-1-1.