Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jazz Custom Shop sound clip request

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Hi,i trying to buy one of those masterpiece :D but i don,t know how they sound,if yuo can help me with nice sound clips or wathever,songs using this bass i apreciate all the help,thanks,your friend,the one and only Funky the Best Tune :D

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Funky Tune,

Whatever happened to the big testing day, man :confused: You were going to play a whole load of basses, you were all pumped up for it, had this big list of axes, then nothing :eek:
    Now you're back to the Fender CS questions again .........

What's the story, did you decide what to do????

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    lol...you remember,ok yesterday i go to the Villa Music here in Puerto Rico and i run a test, :oops: this shop is very crapy,all musician in the island can confirm this,they have very limited and abused demo basses,ugly shape string,out of tune,and all the bad things in a instrument,they have,ok i drive one and a half hour and i start my test with G&L,the bass sound good but the string are very corrosive ones :( i follow with a StyngRay and sound good but i can,t reach different tones,but is a nice bass for modern rock and metal lines,follow with Jazz bass,nice sound as ever but very bad set up :ninja: next was a Yamaha,i can,t remember the model,but was a very old model,i don,t like the sound,followin i pick a Bongo,but the bass only have 3 strings and the other string was missing in action :D next i go to lunch hot dogs :cool: and back in half hour, pick a nice looking Lakland 4 string and the sounds was just terrific :eek: and i pick a very nice P-bass(i dont play P-basses) but this newest model have more versatilyty than the old ones,i think is all about the pre amp,finally i test 3 or 4 differents basses(shippy ones) :scowl: an none of them was surprising for me,until now i pick the G&L over all of them(excuseme Jazz) but this G&L 6 bolts neck are just amazing,if you can test one and tell me how good they are,the build quality is phenomenal,nearly to hand craft 100%,i know,i wrong but the bass look very well made,and thats all,i have a very nice idea of what bass i want,right now i have a nice picks,G&L 2000,My5Yates Custom Shop Jazz, and i find a awesome Ken Smith 6 strings in the net a very,very nice price a very nice price,unfortunely my car was broken and i take $600 of my bass buying money for repair the car,yesterday i sold my home theater,as soon as my brother pay me the home theater y go to buy my new baby,ufffff what a day i have yesterday,but i realize a quict test in everyone,thats all,excuseme my bad english again,but i still learning and you can see some improvement :D thanks guys,any suggestion are welcome. :bassist: