1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jazz customy thingy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Nov 20, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Right i've found this MIM jazz bass thats a bit wierd its brand new but has a vintage yet modern look to it I.E glossed neck faded pick guard and coloured head stock. They want £600 for it it seems a fair deal would this jazz bass be a bit special and nice to have as a back up to my Ric?

Oh yer its metallic pink. Shush don't tell any one.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It seems to be an MIM 60's Classic Jazz bass in "Burgandy Mist". I think they made a limited run of this bas sin that color. I'm not sure what £600 is in $US but I think thay sold for about $700 new.

Ps. It's a really nice bass. I've compared a few of the MIM 60's Classics to USA 62 RI's & I liked the sound & feel of the MIM's better. Jost my $.02

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Thanks nino I might go put a deposit down on it I played it and it was very nice didn't quite have the kick of the P bass special I tried but it was better built and I only want it as a backup to my Ric so should be perfect and I will finally be a member of the Fender club :p

Can you just give me a bit more info on it like about pickups and stuff thanks

Thanks for the feedback

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    <a href="http://www.fender.com/gear/gear.php?op=3&partno=0131800"><b>CLICK HERE</b></a> to see more specs for the Fender site about this bass.