Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jazz customy thingy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Nov 20, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Right i've found this MIM jazz bass thats a bit wierd its brand new but has a vintage yet modern look to it I.E glossed neck faded pick guard and coloured head stock. They want £600 for it it seems a fair deal would this jazz bass be a bit special and nice to have as a back up to my Ric?

Oh yer its metallic pink. Shush don't tell any one.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It seems to be an MIM 60's Classic Jazz bass in "Burgandy Mist". I think they made a limited run of this bas sin that color. I'm not sure what £600 is in $US but I think thay sold for about $700 new.

Ps. It's a really nice bass. I've compared a few of the MIM 60's Classics to USA 62 RI's & I liked the sound & feel of the MIM's better. Jost my $.02

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Thanks nino I might go put a deposit down on it I played it and it was very nice didn't quite have the kick of the P bass special I tried but it was better built and I only want it as a backup to my Ric so should be perfect and I will finally be a member of the Fender club :p

Can you just give me a bit more info on it like about pickups and stuff thanks

Thanks for the feedback

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    <a href="http://www.fender.com/gear/gear.php?op=3&partno=0131800"><b>CLICK HERE</b></a> to see more specs for the Fender site about this bass.