Fender Jazz Deluxe - EQ issues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VtypeV4, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Ive got a very lovely '96 Jazz deluxe fitted with what looks to be be diesel pickups ( they have one large exposed pole-peice per string as opposed to the usual two ) Everything including the EQ seems standard which is cool... The EQ is the three band variety. Whilst the Lo and Hi controls operate over a great, useable frequency range, the Q of the midrange seems to be too low - If you attenuate the control slightly it takes huge chunks out of the spectrum and conversely, when you boost it seems to bring a load of frequencies that I don't want with it. Its not really a complaint as I generally do the EQ on my amp, only making subtle changes on the guitar... My question being, does anyone know of any mods to narrow this bandwidth down a little? Cheers, Matt
  2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    I have the same bas with the same p'ups. I finally switched the pre-amp out for an on-board Sadowsky circuit (installed by Roger's crew) with the stock p'ups. The thing is a monster now. I have 2 such "Fendowsky's" and they both kick ass.