1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jazz Deluxe - EQ issues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VtypeV4, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Ive got a very lovely '96 Jazz deluxe fitted with what looks to be be diesel pickups ( they have one large exposed pole-peice per string as opposed to the usual two ) Everything including the EQ seems standard which is cool... The EQ is the three band variety. Whilst the Lo and Hi controls operate over a great, useable frequency range, the Q of the midrange seems to be too low - If you attenuate the control slightly it takes huge chunks out of the spectrum and conversely, when you boost it seems to bring a load of frequencies that I don't want with it. Its not really a complaint as I generally do the EQ on my amp, only making subtle changes on the guitar... My question being, does anyone know of any mods to narrow this bandwidth down a little? Cheers, Matt

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu ! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I have the same bas with the same p'ups. I finally switched the pre-amp out for an on-board Sadowsky circuit (installed by Roger's crew) with the stock p'ups. The thing is a monster now. I have 2 such "Fendowsky's" and they both kick ass.