Fender Jazz Deluxe MIM with a Kahler Trem?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JebusChrist, Sep 25, 2005.

1. JebusChrist

May 23, 2005
    that's the ebay auction, and no Im not advertising it. Im actually wondering if I should bid on it (don't know if the rules say I can't post up ebay auctions, but if I can't just let me know and Ill only post up the picture of the bass), but I have a few questions before I do
    -Will the Kahler affect the tone of the bass when not in use (in comparison to a regular hardtail bridge)?
    -Will the bass go out of tune easily? Would I need a graphite nut?
    -Ive heard that the neck could bow after alot of use
    -Is this a good deal? I really need a good dependable bass, and this looks like one. I love EMGS, and it comes with extra pickups and pots.

Any comments are welcome, Im in desperate need of a bass! Thanks, Andrew
  2. JebusChrist

May 23, 2005
    bump, come on guys this ends soon, need some advice
  3. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    If it didn't have the whammy bar....maybe. I leave the string diving to the guitar players!
  4. i saw this auction up acouple of days ago. i would buy it just for the parts. You would get 2 sets of pickups, a nice kahler bridge, blah blah balh ....i don't know if your into build and modifying basses but i could do alot with all of that. But if your as desperate for a bass as you say you are, I would go for a non modified bass and do the modification depending on if you arn't happy with it or not, please becareful and try to be patient, you'll find your purchases to better if your not so desperate and impatient about getting new gear
  5. debbandruss

Jun 10, 2004
    I have heard very positive things about the Kahler trems, and I know Leland Sklar, a very well known and respected veteran bassist, uses one on his custom Yamaha bass
  6. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    well, Victoor Wooten and Les Claypool use them aswell.