1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jazz FMT- A long short story

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by b.bandit, Mar 22, 2009.

1. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Two years ago I acquired an American Jazz, the neck was all jacked up. I wasn't extremely happy with it, I traded it for a G&L Trib L-2000. I played the G&L a little bit over a two year period. It was very aggressive and frustrating, as I preferred the simplicity of my G&L SB-1. Fast forward to now. I sold the G&L on craigslist and now had a little money to spend. With the prices the way they are for new gear I opted for a used Fender Jazz MIM FMT.
    I am very impressed. It has a BA 2 bridge and Rio Grande muy grande pickups. I had only heard about their guitar pickups at Matt Bellamy from Muse used them. I searched on TB for info on Muy grande jazz pickups. I went for it and scored an attractive, fun to play, light, great sounding bass. The only thing I need to do is shield it and maybe upgrade the tuner and I will be all set. I can see the SB-1 taking some nights off for a little while.

Here is a clip of the FMT.

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Never heard of it, but it sounds/looks kickbutt.

Like it, I do.

3. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    thanks me too.

FMT= flame maple top- obviously the video doesn't showcase the beauty of the bass.

4. b.bandit

b.bandit

Sep 20, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Should mention its a new to me GBE 600