1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jazz - Geddy Lee Pickup Postioning

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GranSportMan, Apr 25, 2015.

1. GranSportMan

GranSportMan

Dec 14, 2010
    I just picked up this CIJ 2004-05 Fender Jazz Geddy Lee bass in trade. It is a very nice bass and sounds great. I noticed the bridge pickup is almost twice as high as the neck pickup. Is this normal or should I consider backing out the neck pickup? There is about a 3/8" difference. As I said, the bass sounds great as it is. I'm not planning on adjusting it but I was wondering in case I was going to sell at a later date. Thanks for your comments![​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Catbuster

Catbuster Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Louisville, KY.
    If it sounds and plays well just leave it be. There's no reason to worry about it if it doesn't cause you a problem.

3. GranSportMan

GranSportMan

Dec 14, 2010
    It does sound great. But I plan to flip this bass. Do you think anyone will care about the pickup configuration?

4. Catbuster

Catbuster Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Louisville, KY.
    Nah man. Plenty of Jazz basses are set up this way. It's almost inherent to the design, especially with a Fender Jazz with '70s spacing. The strings vibrate less there, thus the pickups have to be higher to detect the change in magnetic field.

5. GranSportMan

GranSportMan

Dec 14, 2010
    Cool. Thanks!