Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jazz, How do they stack up.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave44, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Hi Folks:

I have been seriously thinking about perhaps purchasing a American Delux Series Bass and I was wondering what the rest of the Bass Folk think and experience with this guitar. Are the newer Fenders still a worth while buy? Should I go for a used one if I can find her? I do love that Fender sound, is there another Bass that has comparable sound at a little more or less than what the Fender costs? All these questions so little time, if you can help me arrive at a decision I be very Happy Bassist.

2. im not expert, i would just like to say that i enjoy my american jazz more and more. i am very pleased with that decision.

3. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Same here, love mine! Sure there are fancier, costlier, and more versatile basses, but I've yet to have an engineer or an artist tell me they didn't like my sound (to be fair, I've mainly done mainstream pop/rock/country/jazz-type gigs, no punk, metal, thrash, etc. that might require a more aggressive sound) If it is the type of tone you are looking for, you won't be disappointed. Just remember, it is what it is. (how profound:D )

4. Dave, if you love that Fender sound, then get a Fender. I think you'll be much happier in the long run than if you got a different brand and then realized you gotta have a Leo. If you want to go used, why not start looking right here in the used section?

Mike J.