Fender Jazz MIA DeLuxe: Small Body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eduardo, Apr 22, 2003.

1. eduardo

Mar 25, 2001
    Hello. I recently bought a Fender Jazz Bass MIA DeLuxe 4 string, 22 frets, and until now I enjoy a lot my new toy. It's sounds very good, with more tonal options that my StingRay. The only problem is that I find the body too small for me. Maybe I'm fat, I don't know, or too tall. Somebody has any suggestion to replace the original body for another more similar to the Sadowsky Jazz basses.

Thanks. Eduardo.
  2. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I also have that bass and it is fantastic, It was designed with a smaller body to offset the longer neck. A regular body would cause the natural balance of the bass to change. I own the MIA and the MIM version of this bass and find the difference in body not inportant or a non factor.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The Sadowsky Jazz body is also smaller & they're not available for sale. I'm not too sure of any manifactures that make a body as a direct replacement for that neck. You might have to have one made that could cost lot's of cash.
  4. eduardo

Mar 25, 2001
  5. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Yea the MIA jazz bass is really nice. I love the tonal capabilities. I would think that Warmoth or Allparts.com might have replacement bodies, but thats a guess, I've never went to either sight.