Fender Jazz (Midnight Wine)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkfish01, Mar 21, 2005.

1. darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Does anybody own one of these? The pictures shown on online stores make it look almost black, and I was wanting to see what it REALLY looked like. I think with a pearloid pickguard, it'd look real nice. :bassist: Anyways, anyone own one?
  2. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    I've got a Precision in that color. Yes, they are very dark and look way better in person than in any picture I've seen. They have a metallic sheen as well. Sort of like the MIA chrome red darkened a few shades. In person, the bass is darker than it came out in the pic.

Attached Files:

3. Midnight Wine is notoriously hard to photograph properly. It's hard to describe... maybe a bit darker and more purple than bino's pic, if I remember correctly. Beautiful color, though.
  4. Hi,yes I have one in the Midnight wine color.It is such a great color,very rich looking and smooth.I do agree with ya on the white pearlized pickguard,god I love them.It would definately brighten her up.Good luck Joe
  5. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I had a midnight wine mexican jazz...what a beautifull bass. The color is awesome...its like a dark red wine color with almost a metallic sheen to it.
  6. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    It's one of my favorite fender colors... pictures can't really do it justice.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've got a fretless midnight wine Jazz, but IMO, they're much sexier with a black pickguard.
  8. gapupten

Dec 29, 2004
    Dark wine is a good description. Not a burgundy, but a Merlot color. I had a Jazz with a white pearloid guard. Really nice combo.
  9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

HEY! I've got EXACTLY what your looking for!(not for sale, just to look at)
    the second picture has my new BadAssII Bass Bridge on it! :)
  10. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i have one thats for sale in the classifieds............
  11. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    BEAUTIFUL finish. A friend of mine got a MIM Jazz in midnight wine -- absolutely gorgeous. Definitely hit it.
  12. fender j basses own them all.
  13. elgranluis

elgranluis Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    El paso, TX
    the roughesst and most exact aproximation to the colour would be the les paul wine red. Although the lp is thranslucent, it is teh closest aproximation i could think of. Like a Ric fireglow, it is a very hard colour to photograph. Probably like a CAR, if youve never seen one, youd be surprised by it....