1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Jazz MIM mint/unplayed - $399.99 shipped PRICE DROP!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Burwabit, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    MIM Fender Jazz 4 string
    Black body, white guard, rosewood fretboard
    Unplayed condition (see below)
    2006 model
    8lb 15oz on my digital shipping scale

[DEL]$425[/DEL] $400 shipped/insured with original Fender gig bag and all original candy
    [DEL]$450[/DEL] $425 shipped/insured with used tweed hard case (imitation, not Fender)
    PayPal preferred
    no trades, please

I traded a college student for this bass. He told me it was purchased by his mom for him and sat in a case untouched since 2006, minus a little play the day he got it I'm sure. Normally I would call BS on that, but there is not even trace of swirling on the back or anything of the sort. Has plastic on guard (doesn't mean much because I've seen beaters with that too, but I thought I would point out). I would actually call it new other than two things that I had to look hard to find. 1) small intent on the headstock that I've pictured. 2) quarter inch clear coat scratch on the inside edge of the lower horn, which is impossible to photo on black paint. I prefer to under promise and over deliver, and this bass will not disappoint.

Sounds weird, but I'd probably keep it if it had more wear on it. Since I already have an American Jazz I like, I prefer to sell before I do something to tarnish it's virginity. I'm needing an inexpensive bass I can bring with me as I fly around the country for my day job, but this one is too nice.

bass_zpse8a01e38.
    head1_zps754350cf.
    head2_zps4c780f68.
    nick_zps2298f1cf.

(closed previous thread to edit title - http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fender-jazz-mim-mint-unplayed-$425-shipped-963495/)

2. neren

neren

Jun 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Beautiful, how's it play? And what's the weight?

3. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    You traded a college student for this bass? I'd say that was a good move on your part. :p

4. neren

neren

Jun 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Definitely interested. Dealing with a few things but will potentially PM you within the next couple days if everything works out... this bass looks sick.

5. Chico16

Chico16

Apr 2, 2012
    Yuma, Az
    If this was a 5 string, this would've been mine :(

6. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Thanks Neren. Lemme know.

7. seescottrock

seescottrock

Apr 13, 2011
    Utica, NY
    Anything you'd consider for trade other than a UBass?

8. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Not really but you never know. Feel free to throw some ideas my way.

9. PM Sent

10. seescottrock

seescottrock

Apr 13, 2011
    Utica, NY
    Early 2000s Jackson LS Bass? Real cool instrument, just not my speed, really digging the fenders lately. It's got some upgrades to hardware and such, but electronics are all duncan designed MIJ stuff, one MM style humbucker, one Jazz Pup, 2 band active EQ. String through, set neck, tobacco burst finish with nice wood grain. Normal dings and scuffs.

11. Alder or poplar body?

12. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    I'm sorry but I'm not sure. Did 06 Mexican basses come with both options?

13. No. Depending on the year the body wood was one or the other. Some of the earlier were poplar and I think that latter Alder.

14. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    I've been researching a little and it looks like it would be alder.

15. ilkwonsuh

ilkwonsuh

Mar 18, 2013
    :[... not to offend you or anything.. even if that bass was in mint condition.. it has to be used some time while it left the factory.. i think 400 dollars is a lot considering that.

16. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX

17. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    In my personal opinion, I think the Bass is in great shape for $400 shipped. Good luck with the sale.

18. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Thank for the support! I feel like it's fair given it's condition. We'll have to see if the market agrees. I'm not in a hurry but will eventually creep it down some more.

19. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    You will not be disappointing in this bass!
    I guarantee it like Men's Warehouse.

20. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    up up up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.