1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jazz MIM vs Peavey Palaedium

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maturanesa, May 11, 2011.

1. hi

i have a Fender jazz bass mim with upgraded electronics.
    It work fine, but im looking for a bass in the same price range that give a rounder tone with more sustain, and no deadspots. More on the modern side and if its possible, passive

I saw a used Peavey Palaedium and was asking me if there is a really big difference between both basses.
    It have soapbars and Baddas bridge, so i believe that will give some of that..
    The price of the used Peavey is almost the same as a new Fender JB MIM...

i wanna know if thats a clever upgrade or i should save money for another one...

thanx

2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Not sure if the Palaedium will give you the "rounder" tone you're after. They've got a great burpy jazz tone as Jeff Berlin so beautifully exercises. Have you tried a P bass?

3. Yep. I tried P Basses. Are rounder, but they dont have the growl provided by a bridge pickup, the sustain is similar to a Jazz Bass, and the tone is kind of vintage instead of modern...