1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Jazz MIM

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by baba, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

May I ask the year?

2. DudeWheresMy182

DudeWheresMy182

Jun 23, 2004
    Milwaukee
    haha, thats the same bass i have, just modded like crazy. Definately my numero uno. is it a 2000? Whoever owns that will sure like it, put a couple bucks in it and its a machine! (still pretty darn tootin' good stock too)

3. According to the serial number, it is 2000-2001.

4. mattygbass

mattygbass Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    does this have the 2 pickups that are the same size or a slightly larger bridge pickup?
    and is it alder or poplar?

5. Have no idea what the body is. I'll check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure the pickups are the same size...

6. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Fairfax, VA USA
    also curious about pup size

7. Ok, the pickups are the same length/width. The bridge pickup is raised higher, but I assume it's set that way, not actually a taller pickup.

For future reference, were there two sizes of pickups put in these basses by Fender at some point?

8. mattygbass

mattygbass Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    yeah the newer ones have 2 dif size pickups like the u.s. models. i wasnt sure what year they switched though.

9. GONE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.