1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Trade Fender Jazz Neck - My Rosewood for your Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Warpeg, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Price:
    Up for trade is a beautiful Fender Jazz Bass neck with Indian Rosewood fretboard. I'm looking to trade this for a similar Fender-made Jazz Bass neck with a maple fretboard. As much as I love how comfortable it is to play, how stable and issue-free it is, and how beautiful the rosewood looks; I have a super craving for some maple. Here are some details on my neck:
    • This neck can be offered loaded (tuners, bushings, string tree) or unloaded, depending on your trade offer
    • From a model year 2000 Standard (MIM) Jazz Bass
    • Deep, rich Indian Rosewood fretboard
    • Fretboard has properly-crafted rolled edges/beveling that give it a near-identical feel to a Fender Custom Shop neck.....smooth edges with NO sharp fret ends, etc. This thing is extremely comfortable and fast to play! Again, I'm only considering trading this neck because I seem to have an insatiable love for maple fretboards right now. Haha
    • The nut and frets are in excellent condition and show very little, if any wear. In fact, the neck (with the rest of a bass attached) underwent a thorough setup and leveling recently. Strings sit nice and low with zero fret buzz.
    • There is absolutely no neck warping or twisting. The truss rod works well and has plenty of room to move in either direction. This is a very stable neck!
    • It's a 17-year old neck. As such, it does have a couple of light dings or dents on the back of the neck. I consider these superficial marks; they are hard to see and do not effect my playing any.
    • I don't have an exact weight for the neck, but I can tell you that the alder-body Fender Jazz Bass that it's attached to right now comes in at the mid-8lbs. mark.
    This trade offer is open to anyone in CONUS....sorry, no international trades. Also, this is only a trade offer. I am not considering sale prices for this one.

The neck prior to being installed on my Jazz Bass:
    IMG_3282.JPG

The neck as it is today, on my Jazz Bass:
    IMG_3349.

Please let me know if you have questions. Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  2. jbass65

jbass65 Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2002
    Denver, Co
    Hello from denver!

I have a 2016 vm squier jazz bass neck with tuners and bone nut that I purchased from the stratosphere last year. It is very nice and stable and ready to go! I to have a Sunburst Jazz body that I would like to use a Rosewood neck with. Let me know what you think! Griffin hussong 937-902-9977

Attached Files:

3. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm mainly looking for a MIM Fender neck.

4. jbass65

jbass65 Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2002
    Denver, Co
    Ok! Thanks!

5. jefhar3377

jefhar3377

Aug 21, 2016
    Interested in a maple Fender MIM P bass road worn neck?

6. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Thanks, but i’m looking for a Jazz neck.