1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jazz pick guard replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BassBob185, Jul 22, 2008.

1. BassBob185

BassBob185

Oct 25, 2007
    Rocking Chair
    'm considering getting a tort pick guard for my MIA Fender Jazz. The pictures of pick guards such as with the Warmoth site below are confusing.

http://www.warmoth.com/pickguards/pi...kguards_j_bass

Looking at the the top part of the pick guard below the long horn next to the low E string does not match what I know to be a Jazz pick guard I have. Is this because replacement pick guards that are not official Fender pick guards cant be exact copies?

2. slyjoe

slyjoe Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Valley of the Sun (AZ)
    That link didn't work for some reason, but I have used Warmoth pickguards on MIA Jazz basses as well as MIM bodies with no problem. Some jazz basses in the past used 11 hole guards, but that only added a screw above the neck pu.

The Warmoth guards won't fit deluxes either.

What is the difference with theirs and what you have?

3. BassBob185

BassBob185

Oct 25, 2007
    Rocking Chair
    I think I am just seeing an optical illusion. I'll do some cut and paste of pictures and see if I can un-optical illusion it.
    thanks

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021