1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender jazz pickups and preamps?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MoeTown1986, Mar 10, 2016.

1. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    So, last week I bought a new Fender Jazz Deluxe V. I love the look and feel of the bass, but felt the pickups and preamp didn't meet my expectations or tonal goals. Here I am 6 days later waiting on USPS to drop off a set of Seymour Duncan SJ5 67/70's and an Audere Pro-JZ6D Preamp. I'm pretty excited to get them in and feel it'll provide me with what I'm lacking.

My question: How much do I sell the Fender N3 pickups and Fender Preamp (likely the whole jack plate assembly) for?? I see the pickups go for like $160. I don't see any price on the preamps. Anyone have any ideas? I was going to post them here in the classifieds as I researched and found many people like the N3's.

2. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    Fender preamps are not very popular. You might get lucky and someone wants to replace theirs that went bad ($35-$50).
    The pickups might bring $75-$100. Can't say I have seen much demand for either

3. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    I can understand why the preamps aren't popular. I read "18 volt preamp..." And expected a decent preamp. Meh. My stingray preamp slays it.

LoveThatBass and Geri O like this.