1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Fender Jazz pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Dark Horse, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Price:
    Fender Jazz bass pick up set. I feeling these are Mexican standard not 100% sure but I know they're not Squier. They had CTS pots attached to them, so that would indicate at least Made in Mexico quality.

30 bucks shipped conus takes them!

Will consider trades for Precision pick ups, vintage style BASS Bridges, Precision pickguards , etc.

IMG_7164.JPG IMG_7165.JPG IMG_7166.JPG

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    The bars on the bottom indicate they're from a Mexican standard.

3. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I thought that too at first, but I don't know that I've ever had pickups out of a Mexican standard, and do the Mexican standards have beveled edges on the polepieces ?

4. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

Looks like they do have beveled polepieces on the later ones. I'm still not 100% of the origin, as I have not had any pick ups out of a Mexican standard that I am aware of, but I will assume them to be there and I'll adjust the price accordingly...thanks ! :)

5. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Just to lend a helping hand ... these would be a ceramic magnet set, used from '02 - current as MIM Standard Jazz pups, Fender part numbers 58294/5 ... another tell tale sign is the raised A & D pole pieces ... Fender switched to these at the time they began to offer MIM Standards with the conventional longer bridge/shorter neck pups (and yes the switch to CTS pots you mentioned)... prior to the mid '01 transition they were using the same length 36437 set imported from Cort in the MIM Standards ... ;)

Edit to add: .. these are fairly hot pups, I installed a set into a bass build to compliment a very old set of Dean Markley flats, and they did a nice job!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021