FENDER JAZZ SANDBLASTED ASH BASS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Josh Lawless, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

Aug 11, 2017
    Anyone out there got a Fender Jazz sandblasted ash bass that they are looking to sell? I've been looking for one. For those that do have one (whether you want to sell or not) what are your thoughts on these?

2. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    They are nice. I believe these are MIA with quality on par with the American Special series (but please correct me if I'm wrong).
    Someone on TB said that the bass resonated better after someone applied clear filler to seep into and fill the exposed grain.

Josh Lawless likes this.
  3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    Get more eyes in the 'wanted' section of the classifieds

DiabolusInMusic and selowitch like this.
  4. Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

Aug 11, 2017
    Posted a wanted ad on here

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  5. Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

Aug 11, 2017
    I’m pretty new to this site so any help from you all is greatly appreciated :)

6. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    I suggest perusing the Help section.

7. Knacker

Knacker

Oct 21, 2019
    I have one. Have had it for a couple years now. The neck is amazing. Probably the most playable neck I've ever had. Action is really low but just a very little bit of musical buzz for that perfect amount of growl. I find the pickups to be good but a little on the quiet side. Could just be that I was used to the active pickups I had in the Music Man I owned before.
    The bass is also really light and comfortable to play. I don't love the look of a jazz. Prefer the Jaguar style more. Have a MIJ Jag. Neck is not even close to being as nice as the sandblasted Jazz. Overall, the sandblasted Jazz is a 9 out of 10 for me.