1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender "Jazz" sized Deluxe Neck w/ Tuners and tree

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Famous Shamus, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Famous Shamus

Famous Shamus Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    Hi,

I have a Rosewood board Fender MIM 4 string neck, I bought and had mounted for a few months, but I took the bass apart and parted it out. This was a replacement neck I bought, think it dates to 2007 IIRC.

The Neck says "Precision Bass Special" but all that means is that Fender put a Jazz neck on a Fender PJ body. Check the fender website if your confused. The nut is 1.5"

Neck is really nice with no issues, truss is fine, no fret sprout, just a really high quality Deluxe model neck. Its never been gigged, never been out of the house. Let's say Sold shipped conus. International folks send me a PM.

P1050067.
    P1050068.
    P1050069.
    P1050071.
    P1050070.
    fenderprecisionspneck4.

2. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    ^^^^To The Top^^^

3. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    Make some cash offers guys....Great, practically new Jazz neck here!

4. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    Have a regular MIM p bass neck to trade for it... 2006 60th anniversary model.

Joe

5. slyjoe

slyjoe Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Valley of the Sun (AZ)
    Why do you think this is a Deluxe neck? :confused:

6. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    Hmmmm....Maybe you can't see it in the picture above...Says "Deluxe Series"...

P1050068-1.

7. slyjoe

slyjoe Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Valley of the Sun (AZ)
    I see - when I heard "Deluxe" neck I assumed it was a neck that comes on Fender Deluxe basses - extra frets and all. Which is what I was looking for - thanks anyways.

8. Famous Shamus

Feb 22, 2008
    NYC
    Fender Deluxe MIM's are 20 frets...Fender American Deluxe's have 22 frets.

Here I believe the "Deluxe" monikor has to deal with fit and finish. IME, Deluxe model necks, regardless of country of originor number of frets, have a little better craftsmanship applied to them, but of course everyone's experiences will differ.

I can tell you from fact, that this particular neck is far and above a better product from most MIM (and MIA's for that matter).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.