1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jazz V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by biohazed, Sep 8, 2008.

1. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    i'm toying around with possibly buying a Fender Jazz V. However I want a Black one with the black scratch pad and would prefer a black head stock .. what would be my options and prices for one? Oh and pref would be a 4 + 1 headstock

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    if its a black bass, it needs a matching headstock...

3. [​IMG]

You could always put a black pickguard on it if you wanted to.

4. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    was thinking sometihng closer to this but with a black headstock and 4 + 1 tuners

[​IMG]

5. I'd keep an eye out on Ebay.

6. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    i have been but eBay's been over priced recently

7. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
  8. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    ebay being overpriced and you are thinking about gettting another headstock later on? ebay is the market, unless you are buying new. and replacing a freakin headstock?!?!?

before spending any money, go check out the squier active V and see if you can just live with that. I am not sure you realize how much getting EVERYTHING you want is going to take.

9. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    I've seen way too much stuff go on eBay for more than it would cost brand new ...

and I just checked out the Squier Active V and i have to say jackpot on that one ... I can live without the PG so that is the one i'm gonna go for then.

TY for pointing out that bass lamarjones, I really appreciate it

10. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    HA! I thought the dude above you was pointing to it, and though he was mentioning the active deluxe V!

They sound really good, and at that price you can feel pretty good about hooking it up to your liking. TBs classifieds are a great place to get pickguards.

FWIW, I bought a standard 5 string jazz pickgaurd for a squire affinity V, and with very little modifications It fit great. Not all of the holes lined up.....but hey you'll have to deal with that regardless.