Fender Jazz Valuation

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wavey, Aug 7, 2003.

1. wavey

May 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Hi people, :help:

I'm having great difficulty putting a value on the Jazz Special which I'm hoping to sell.

Can anyone give me an indication of the price I should be asking??

Info: It is a Japanese Fender Jazz Special. Serial No:F007222 (86/87). I bought it from new. It has a rosewood neck, no scratch plate and has not been customised/changed in any way.
  2. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    valuation...very creative
  3. wavey

May 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Hmmm, nothing at all!

I don't intend to sell it on the bass on this forum, if that's the suspicion?

I just need a price, surely one person on the forum or someone you know has sold a Japanese Fender Jazz recently?

4. dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    Check ebay for completed items like this bass and see what they are going for....

That's what I would do anyway...

5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i would guess 300 ish.
  6. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I would guess $275 to $350 with a fanatical "gotta have it" buyer. Just my opinion.
  7. permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I've got the same bass in red, fretless. Bought new in '87, no mods, sounds great, still has strong output, gets compliments. One was on bassgear.com several months ago for about $450 iirc, have no idea if it sold.
  8. wavey

May 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Hurrah, some replies!!

Thanks chaps, much appreciated. So $450 works out at about £280.

Strange thing is, I just contacted a well known Bass shop in England and asked them if they would be getting a bass the same as mine in and how much it would cost.

They replied: they didn't expect any in but they would be charging around £600 if/when they did!!! :eek:

What do think of that!!??:hyper: