1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jazz with High Beams

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by marh415, Dec 23, 2016.

1. marh415

marh415

Nov 30, 2013
    RI
    As anyone else noticed an increase in string height when switching to DR High Beams from the Fender stock strings? I was pretty sure the original strings ranged from 45 - 105 like the DR's. Or is it possible that I need a truss rod tweek to compensate for tension difference?

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Was the original Fender set the 8250? If so those have a tapered E string. Installation of a non tapered E string like the Hi Beams will result in higher action unless the bridge is adjusted appropriately.

marh415 likes this.
  3. marh415

marh415

Nov 30, 2013
    RI
    Thanks, I was just gonna mention that the bass is a new MIA Jazz set to factory specs.

4. DD Gunz

DD Gunz

Jun 18, 2015
    California
    Yes, anytime you change strings like that you might need to make some adjustments. It's normal. If I go with a string with a tension difference I give it a day or so to settle in and adjust from there unless the difference in playability is drastic. In that case, I'll make some tweaks on the spot.