Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by klejst, Oct 10, 2011.

1. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Thanks for the compliment and tip. I absolutely love the P bass sound, that is why I am very happy I now have both a P and J bass. I know the Jazz is different and can be used for different tones and such that the P cannot necessarily produce so I don't really want to try to use my J as a P. To each their own really. The fun of it all is experimenting and having two different basses to work with. Who knows stuff I recorded and wrote on a P might sound even better on the J. :hyper:

2. jazz bass is where its at. they are so simple and easy to maintain, but also, great sound, great tone. watch some videos of the fender aerodyne jazz bass. its ultra sexy looking and i love the sound of it so much. i used to have a stagg jazz bass, 2nd hand. once i stuck some new strings onto it, it was a totally different bass. i just love the jazz bass.

3. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    It's gotten to the point where I have two Jazz Basses:
    1) ash/maple/roundwounds
    2) alder/rosewood/flatwounds

two P-Basses:
    1) alder/rosewood/roundwounds
    2) alder/rosewood/flatwounds

and one P-J Bass

1) alder/rosewood/halfrounds (defretted)

and I'm currently gathering the parts to build ANOTHER P-Bass:
    1) alder/maple/roundwounds

:help: :D

Exploring the different tones is so endlessly fascinating that soon I'll need an extra wing built onto my house to store these things...

4. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Ha ha that's awesome!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 27, 2021