1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender JazzBass 89

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gabal, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Hallo, I'm looking for a Fretless and i can purchase a Fender JazzBass of 1989.....

Well, what about Fender in that year? I search a Jaco, Bona etc.. Fretless tone, it's a good choice?

Photos:

fender.

fender2.

Thanks!!! :hyper:

2. late 80's fenders are good.

it'll get you the tone you want. take it otherwise i'll have it :smug:

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    there were two of these on Ebay lately ... (92,93) Longhorn basses ... extended upper horn, and 22 fretts ... one just sold for very reasonable price last night

4. vintager

vintager

Jan 29, 2005
    Slovakia
    that jazz looks fine. if you have chance to play it, do it. it also has a nice schaller bridge.. go for it.

all the best,

mike

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That's a longhorn Jazz bass which has been defretted. I would want to know who did the defretting and how well it was done before I payed for the bass. If it's a good job, it may be worthwhile.

6. Thanks for the coments, i don't know if buy it, or wait and purchase an MTD fretless...... :crying:

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    If the fretless conversion has been well done, I'd take that over an Asian MTD in a heartbeat. Again, only if the fretless conversion has been well done. I'm not a big fan of fretless conversions to begin with, but they can be done well.