1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jazzes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xb100, Jul 16, 2005.

Which Fender

Poll closed Jul 23, 2005.
  1. Deluxe Jazz

21 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. Deluxe P

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. Highway 1 Jazz

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Classic 60's Jazz

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Alright guys, in my "journey" to find myself a new 4 stirng bass, I have come to the conclusion that I want a fender. But heh which model, thats what I want to know.

I do know, that I have played on a standard jazz (MIM) I think, at one of my local music stores, it was a nice bass, but I want something a little better. The 3 basses I have in mind are;

Classic 60's Jazz
    Deluxe Active Jazz or Precision
    Highway 1 Jazz

What I wanna know is, whats the difference between the 3?

I've done searches and havn't found anything other than people asking if jazzes make good basses and ect. The 3 are also in my price range.

If you guys could help me out I would appreciate it, thanks!

-Rob

2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

No Geddy Lee Jazz on the list? That's been the best bang-for-buck Fender I've seen, a darn good deal.

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

4. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    What about the Standard American Jazz?

5. caesarbass

caesarbass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Media producer for Nordstrand Pickups, Wilkins Basses, G&L Guitars and Basses, Marco Basses, Tonecraft Audio, Lemur Music. I also run TheBassHang.com and am a dealer for Ulyate Pickups and Colibri Basses
    I voted Classic J-bass. I DIG passive pup's with no preamp, and the whole 60's j-bass vibe.