Fender jazzz type necks.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattmcnewf, Sep 18, 2004.

1. mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    What basses have neck that are similair to jazz necks. I know stingrays have similiar necks, also ibanez btb whats else. and what are washburn necks like.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Stingray necks arent really like a jazz bass. They are more like a precision bass. Sterling necks are closer to jazz bass necks.
  3. mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    aren't they still alot alike when u compare to spectors warwicks and standard ibanez
  4. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    G&L ASAT, JB-2 and SB-2 basses also have J style necks. But I think this guy is talking about bass necks that are generally derived from the Fender design. Yeah, Stingrays are like Ps, and Sterlings are like Js, but an Ibanez Soundgear is of the more pencil-neck variety and those exotic wood Warwicks feel totally different from yr standard maple, four bolt, rosewood or maple fingerboard set up. Wish I knew measurements to be more specific but I kind of know what this guy is getting at. If this is the case, then gezz, there are tons of basses out there somewhat similar to yr standard Fender-style neck from P to J and somewhere in between. But if we're talking Jazz-style necks, then consider the above suggestions and there's Jazz copies such as KSDs, the Lakland Skyland Joe Osborne model, super high end stuff that I won't bother mentioning and tons of cheapies like the Brice Js. Can you narrow down what it is yr looking for?

5. mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    thanks for the help, guess i no longer want a stringray :meh: