1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar - Kandy Orange Metallic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by e.rich, Sep 5, 2018.

1. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Price:
    Up for grabs today is a barely-used Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar by Fender USA from 2012. I took this in trade from my guitar player so I know the lineage (one owner since new, and rarely ever played).

The video below goes into deep detail with Marr himself walking us through all of the aspects of his signature model and how he arrived at the multitude of little tweaks and unique features that make up that classic Smiths jangly sound. This short-scale Jag is super-comfortable to play, sounds amazing, and sparkles under the lights.

Some features at a glance:
    • Maple neck based on Marr’s 1965 Jaguar, with custom profile and vintage-style heel truss rod adjustment
    • 7.25”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 vintage-style frets
    • Dual custom-wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr single-coil pickups
    • Four-position blade pickup switch mounted in lower-horn chrome plate
    • Dual upper-horn slide switches (universal bright and pickup-switch position four bright)
    • Jaguar bridge with Mustang® saddles, nylon post inserts for improved stability and chrome cover
    • Vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece and “taller” tremolo arm with nylon sleeve insert to prevent arm swing
    Cosmetically, the guitar is in great shape with some minor player wear and some cosmetic chipping/blems along the bottom edge. None of that detracts from the sound whatsoever. You can also see the seams under the paint where the wings were attached to the neck. There is no cracking or inconsistencies in the paint or clearcoat but I want prospective buyers to be aware that they're there. This was a single owner (my guitar player, actually) prior to coming into my hands and it spent nearly all of its time in a guitar rack, being played maybe a couple of times a year.

Includes a custom, Marr-specific hard shell case by G&G. These are the same US-made cases that the Fender Custom Shop uses. Note: one latch doesn't secure properly but I am including a replacement from G&G. Any good luggage or shoe repair shop should be able to install it. I just never got around to doing it since I don't gig with this guitar. All the hang tags and original case candy are included. (Note: Strap was found and is in the case!)

Asking $1325.00. I will split the actual shipping cost to your locale, CONUS.

My trade list is pretty limited. I'm really only after a few things: an interesting Spector, a Darkglass M500 + cash, or a US Hamer 12 string.

Please ask any/all questions. Yes, I will ship outside of the US. Please contact me for an exact shipping quote to your country. The buyer is fully responsible for all shipping costs outside of the continental US and any customs or duty costs incurred.

IMG_5346.JPG IMG_5347.JPG IMG_5348.JPG IMG_5349.JPG IMG_5350.JPG IMG_5351.JPG IMG_5352.JPG IMG_5353.JPG IMG_5354.JPG IMG_5355.JPG IMG_5356.JPG IMG_5357.JPG IMG_5359.JPG IMG_5361.JPG IMG_5362.JPG IMG_5364.JPG IMG_5365.JPG IMG_5366.JPG IMG_5367.JPG

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Sean Baumann and Koog like this.
  2. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Note: I located the Marr strap and it will be included with all the other case candy with the sale. :thumbsup: