Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender JP-90

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lakerkobe, Jul 9, 2002.

1. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Any opinions on them? Also on what a good condition one would be worth? Thanks.

2. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    American mades...

3. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Saw the 1998 blue book in the music store and played one. Worth $250 +/- retail. Nice bass but medium scale. American made. Made 1990-1994.

4. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    JP-90's are full, 34" scale. They don't sound bad at all...stock USA Fender J-P pickups, very thin neck...quite nice for what they usually sell for ($200-350 range.)

5. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Because of the 20 frets and the salesman's comments, I assume medium scale. I might be interested if it is 34' scale.

6. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    I used to have one of those. I put EMG's and a Wilkinson bridge on it - and I traded it for a hotrodded Ibanez Roadstar. Stupid, Stupid! The JP90 is a nice bass esp. for the price.

7. McKrakken

McKrakken

Jan 17, 2005
    I have one, it sounds great. It has percision and jazz pickups on it. has great action.

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Dude.. no offense.. But could you please stop searching "fender JP-90" and posting that you have one and that you like it. If someone had a recent question about one, feel free to answer. But please be aware of the ages of these posts. This one is from 2002!