1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Limited Edition '70s Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chuck M, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Fender Limited Edition '70s Precision Bass - Natural, Maple Fingerboard

I noticed this bass on the Sweetwater site some time back. I went several times and checked out the photos and weight of some of them and when one with really pretty body wood and 9 pounds even weight came up I bought it. I'll receive it next week.

This got me to wondering why I had seen no mention of it here. It looks like a really nice P bass for not a whole lot more than a regular MIM P.

Opinions?

2. maplenecked

maplenecked

Dec 1, 2017
    Honolulu
    I’ve noticed it as a curiosity on Sweetwater as well. Congrats on the purchase and let us know how it is/send pics

3. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I've thought some about this and figure that most guys would buy a used American Standard since they run about the same in price. I did want ash/maple and that body wood is not available in the American Standard but was available in the Hot Rod P some years back. I owned one of those rosewood/natural ash and should have kept it.

Most of you know how that goes. We sell or trade basses that we should have kept.

Shawn Luckman likes this.
  4. maplenecked

maplenecked

Dec 1, 2017
    Honolulu
    I’d be real into this bass if it didn’t have the neck binding.

5. It looks nice & well made but I don't like the black binding on the neck :thumbsdown:.

maplenecked likes this.
  6. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I am kind of neutral about the neck binding. Not a deal breaker for me.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021