1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Limited Edition American Elite Jazz Bass V Matching Headcap Maple Fingerboard Surf Pearl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by violenteer, May 27, 2020.

1. violenteer

violenteer

May 23, 2014
    Price:
    $1550
    Strings:
    Price includes shipping to the lower 48. Paypal preferred.

Fender Limited Edition American Elite Jazz Bass V Matching Headcap Maple Fingerboard Surf Pearl

Absolutely beautiful, rare bass with matching painted headstock, surf pearl. This bass was purchased by me brand new for a temporary musical project, played by me for about a half an hour, then put back in it's brand new case and stored in a temp controlled smoke-free, pet-free studio...otherwise it's as new a you can get. Still has all of the tags intact, case candy, plastic film pickguard, tuning pegs, battery cover, and pickup films are all intact, stickers, and electronics guide intact.

The only blemish I see at all was noticed only when I took the photos that are in this listing. There is a tiny dimple in the finish only that is extremely hard to see (and photograph). Nevertheless, I wanted to try and point it out, since I noticed it myself. I attempted to do this by adding an arrow pointing to it on one particular photo in this listing, so it's the only photo with an arrow on it. Again, it's hard to see unless the right kind of light hits it.

When this model was readily available last year, it sold brand new for around $2000, so this is an excellent opportunity for the right person. Please let me know if you have any questions about it. Thanks for looking!

Specifications:
    Packed to the gills with Fender's latest revolutionary innovations, the American Elite Jazz Bass V is an active 5-string bass for the modern bassist who demands cutting-edge tone technology along with timeless style and fast, smooth playing feel. Its versatile sound easily matches any playing style—picked, plucked or slap-and-pop—while its standout looks remain authentically Fender, with a fresh twist.

With the exclusive all-new fourth-generation Noiseless pickups, Fender has achieved the sonic equivalent of cold fusion—vintage-style response with completely noise-free performance. These muscular pickups are fueled by a redesigned robust 18-volt preamp cranks up the power for even more signal quality for chest-thumping tone with more headroom and reduced noise. Designed for fast playing and effortless position changes, the compound profile neck with a 9.5”-14” compound radius fingerboard is ideal for all playing styles. A modern “C”-shape at the new genuine bone nut, the profile morphs along the length of the neck to a modern “D”-shaped profile at the updated neck heel, providing plenty of comfortable support for fret hand antics. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting temperature- and humidity-induced warping. The HiMass™ Vintage bridge increases note attack and resonance for thunderous basslines with colossal punch and boundless sustain while allowing either top-load or strings-thru-body stringing. In a vintage-inspired touch, the new truss rod adjustment wheel has been moved to the butt end of the neck for easier access, making neck relief adjustments a snap.

This bass is packed with Fender’s immortal aesthetics—from the ergonomic contours to the black chrome headstock logo, large pearloid fret markers and new color this instrument will pin the audience’s ears back with it’s gigantic tone and slick style. The American Elite Jazz Bass V is a bold new bass for adventurous bassists who need a tonal multi-tool that refuses to compromise on any front. Includes a redesigned Elite Molded Case with body-hugging contours to provide increased protection for your cherished instrument and TSA locks.

Features Neck
    • Shape: Modern "C" to "D"
    • Wood: Maple
    • Neck joint: 5-Bolt
    • Scale length: 34"
    • Truss rod: Yes
    • Finish: Satin urethane
    Pickups
    • Active or passive pickups: Passive
    • Pickup configuration: SS
    • Neck: Not applicable
    • Middle: 4th Generation Noiseless single-coil
    • Bridge: 4th Generation Noiseless single-coil
    • Brand: Fender
    • Series or parallel: Parallel
    • Active preamp: 18 V preamp with active 3-band EQ
    • Special electronics: Not applicable
    Fretboard
    • Material: Maple or rosewood
    • Radius: 9.5"-14" compound
    • Fret size: Medium-jumbo
    • Number of frets: 21
    • Inlays: Pearloid block
    • Nut material: Bone
    • Nut width: 1.875" (47.6mm)
    • Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
    Body
    • Cutaway: Double cutaway
    • Construction: Solidbody
    • Body wood: Alder or Ash
    • Top wood: Not applicable
    • Body finish: Gloss polyurethane
    • Orientation: Right handed
    Controls
    • Control layout: Master volume, pant pot (pickup selector), treble boost,cut, mid-range boost/cut, bass boost/cut, active/passive mini toggle
    • Pickup switch: No
    • Coil tap or split: Not appicable
    • Tone switching: No
    • Special switching: Active/passive mini toggle
    Hardware
    • Bridge type: Fixed
    • Bridge design: 5-Saddle HiMass Vintage
    • Tailpiece: Not applicable
    • Tuning machines: Fender "F" light-weight vintage paddle keys with tapered shafts
    • Color: Nickel/chrome
    Other
    • Number of strings: 5
    • Pickguard: Yes
    • Special features: Not applicable
    • Case: Hardshell case
    • Accessories: Info not available
    • Country of origin: USA

20200522_155304.jpg 20200522_153822.jpg 20200522_153928.jpg 20200522_154013.jpg 20200522_154144.jpg 20200522_154334.jpg 20200522_154350.jpg 20200522_154401.jpg 20200522_154544.jpg 20200522_154624.jpg 20200522_155335.jpg 20200522_155353.jpg 20200522_155533.jpg 20200522_155609.jpg 20200523_133025.jpg 20200523_133048.jpg 20200523_133104.jpg 20200523_133155.jpg 20200523_133212.jpg 20200523_133404.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    devo1, Bigoo7e, bbh and 3 others like this.
  2. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Specs say 4 bolt neck, pics show 5. May want to double check the cut an paste.

violenteer likes this.
  3. violenteer

violenteer

May 23, 2014
    Hey, thanks for the heads-up. That came directly from the exact same bass listed on a major musical instrument website...go figure...but I should have caught that. Again, thanks.

FunkHead likes this.
  4. bbh

bbh Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Very nice. I bet someone scoops it up quick.

violenteer likes this.
  5. mcclurer16

mcclurer16 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    These Fender Elite V’s are really nice basses. Good luck with the sale!

6. violenteer

violenteer

May 23, 2014
    Hey, thanks. Yeah, it really is a nice one all-around, well balanced, and it's a very comfortable and easy-playing bass.

mcclurer16 likes this.
  7. Session1969

Session1969 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Love it!

violenteer likes this.
  8. bbh

bbh Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I had an elite p that was my main recording axe for years. Someone is gonna make out nicely on this one, I’m sure.
    If I wasn’t reducing. I’d be the buyer. It looks great.

mcclurer16 and violenteer like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020