SOLD Fender Limited Edition American Professional Precision Bass - Surf Green w/ All Rosewood Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dub56, May 10, 2021.

1. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Up for sale is my Fender Limited Edition Am. Pro Precision bass. Built in 2018. I believe only 300 total were made.

The bass features a Surf Green finish, mint pickguard, and a beautiful all-Rosewood neck. Appears to be 1.73 nut width. Neck profile is the same as Fender American Original 63 P.

8lbs 10.9oz according to my scale (see posts below for photo)

I replaced the stock V-Mod pickup for a Lindy Fralin standard wound, and replaced the wiring harness with an Emerson P Bass harness. I think it sounds great, big improvement in my opinion. Does not include original V-Mod pickup and harness. Bass is stock otherwise and pretty much how I received it when I bought it new minus a small paint chip and mark or two.

To try to disclose everything, the bass has a small paint chip on the underside (pictured). It also has a bit of a ding in the fretboard edge around the 2nd fret (also pictured). Doesn’t affect anything, and I received the bass that way when I bought it. The bass also could use the fret ends filed down a bit. This is also how I received the bass. I’ve meant to file them down but never got around to it. Outside of that, a tiny ding on the pickguard (pictured) and an extremely tiny finish line near the neck pocket on one side. Received this way and hasn’t changed, it’s just in the paint and very small. Just trying to disclose anything I can.

Price drop - $1400 shipped CONUS
    Includes original Fender deluxe hard shell case.
    PayPal for payment

Please PM if interested or with any questions.

No trades please. Thank you for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    thumblypeg, R&B, Willicious and 6 others like this.
  2. Weight?

Do you know what type of frets is has (medium jumbo, vintage, etc)?

3. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Forgot to post the weight. ~8lbs 10.9oz
    E0794EC9-1BD5-45F3-A380-D6B4D869E2B6.jpeg
    Frets are narrow tall like the American Professional series as far as I know.

4. mysteryclock

mysteryclock Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    Mmmmm....rosewood. That's awesome - good luck!!

Dub56 likes this.
  5. somaramos

somaramos Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2014
    What is nut width

6. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    1.625”

EDIT: Looks like this actually has a ~1.73” nut width and the online listing which had 1.625” is incorrect.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  7. booch29

booch29

Mar 27, 2013
    israel
    Has the tuning keys been replaced? They look vintage style.
    Thx!

8. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    They are original. I believe this rosewood neck is essentially the American Original ‘63 P neck rather than the usual American Professional neck, so that may be where the difference is if there’s a difference in tuners.

“This exclusive Limited-Edition bass features a solid rosewood American Original ’63 P Bass neck with vintage-tall frets.”

R&B and booch29 like this.
  9. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Also, I just learned that it looks like this bass has a 1.73” nut width rather than 1.625”. The online listing at GC was incorrect.

This all rosewood neck is in the profile of the American Original 63 P, which is 1.73”. I measured and this appears to be correct.
    E25D4D49-5386-48D3-867F-AC21585EC90D.jpeg

russellh86 and booch29 like this.
  10. booch29

booch29

Mar 27, 2013
    israel
    Interesting, thanks for the info!
    Do you have any sound samples? I'm wondering what is the tone difference between this and a standard maple/rosewood p...

11. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    I don’t have any sound samples, I’m sorry. If it differs from standard ones at all I’d say it’s maybe on the darker side of the spectrum rather than the brighter side.

12. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Price drop to $1,400 shipped CONUS

13. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    Sold

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022