1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Limited Edition Mustang Bass $399 brand new

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TL23NC, Apr 19, 2019.

1. admh1972 likes this.
  2. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    KJMO likes this.
  3. Mike Whitfield

Mike Whitfield Guest

Apr 10, 2019
    My two personal experiences with Adarama on cameras and computer parts were disastrous. That’s a very tempting price and I’m not at all tempted. YMMV

4. I've had good luck with Adorama so far. I purchased a MIM Jazz that was great and a few gig bags, all of which arrived quickly. But I guess any online purchase could go bad for a number of reasons.

Mike Whitfield likes this.
  5. pudge

pudge

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    I bought 2 of the 399. mustangs.No issues with ether of them.

6. Mike Whitfield

Mike Whitfield Guest

Apr 10, 2019
    Good to known. My experiences with Adorama were both in the 90s or early 00s where they advertised a price, but when you called the product was gray market, no warranty. One of them they flat out refused to sell me unless I purchased an expensive set of accessories and a warranty, the other I backed out when I found out I was dealing with Adorama. (It was advertised under a different company and again, was gray market.) Glad to hear they are behaving themselves as more honest competition is always good.

7. I lived on Long Island years ago and I recall those shenanigans, as many of the new york-based stores used to try. A lot of Grey Market products and deals that were simply too good to be true. I think the age of the internet has curbed much of that, as it is too difficult for them to get away with deception.

Mike Whitfield likes this.
  8. Mike Whitfield

Mike Whitfield Guest

Apr 10, 2019
    I certainly hope so. It was so bad that I wouldn’t buy from any New York company.

9. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    Anybody know when they might run the sale again? I mean, is it predictable, or just random? I would be interested at $399.

I had a deal going on a used Mustang for $400 on FB Marketplace, but the seller backed out.

10. Mike Whitfield

Mike Whitfield Guest

Apr 10, 2019
    Funny about Fender Mustangs, it’s hard to find a decent used one for much less than new price. Speaks well of Fender’s design and pricing.

11. pocket_groover

pocket_groover Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    Click the OP’s link. It works again, only for $379. Listed in hot deals section already.

12. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    09EFD1C8-08EE-4CD3-92B2-F6462BB73C31.jpeg 45271D39-69BD-4B8C-BCB8-F1B562232D0B.jpeg
    Did it and got this beauty for $379, no tax and 2-day free shipping. Love the pearl green! The photo on the web page shows pau ferro board but they are actually maple. Not full maple but maple neck with maple FB. It actually came set up nicely and plays well. The PU switch doesn’t crackle—yet.

I have 3 other PJ basses and this one just moved to the top of the list in terms of tone. #2 is my Ibanez tmb30. #3 is my Squire VM SS. This acquisition probably just triggered a sell off.

bhendrix and leegreenman like this.
  13. pocket_groover

pocket_groover Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    Awesome! That’s a beauty. When I ordered I was thinking I preferred a maple over the pao ferro; it matches the surf pearl well. I was resigned to get the pao ferro but I’ll be real happy when I get mine! The detailed text says maple while the pictures show the pao ferro.

BTW, I played one at GC and the switch was already crackling:eek: Hope mine lasts for a while.

14. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    Damn. My heat pump spit the bit going into this heat wave weekend. The universe is speaking to me... :banghead:

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021