1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender M Miller Signature Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hstiles, Jul 4, 2003.

1. I've seen an ad for one of these. What are they like?

2. switchblade

switchblade Guest

May 31, 2003
    London, England, UK
    I heard that they are good basses and worth the money. I haven't played one though, though i might do tomorrow since im going up london to see what basses they have because Im interested in buying a new fretless bass. :bassist:

3. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    From my experience there are 2 different models,the Japanese one which cost's around 700.00 $$+,Then the American model thats 1100.00$$ +.They are very similar but the biggest difference i have noticed is not the quality or craftsmanship between the 2,but the Japanse model does'nt sound as "good??".The American model has a bit more punch,but a 350.00$$ difference in price between the two in my opinion would'nt justify spending the extra money on the U.S. model.For the lower price of the 2 the japanese is the better model for the money.:p

4. i think its because of a cheaper parts like the nut tuners and some of the preamp stuff.

5. I've heard their **** heavy but better sounding than the majority of 70s CBS/fender Js.

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    The MIJ MM bass is about $789.00 new and the MIA version (which is a 5 string) is alot more. The MIA bass has a pre-amp in it designed by Fender and MM.I myself own a 4 string MM and it is a great bass.:cool:

7. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    I didnt think it was that heavy. My 70s Jazz is much heavier. But generally a decent strap can help that.

I like the MM. Only played the MIJ Model but it was nice and comfy to play. I couldnt find a really nice slap sound, incredibly! Maybe I needed longer with it!

Regards

LA

(HD's edit - deleted racial slur)

8. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Mine is slap-o-licious:bassist: