1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender made... what pups are these?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by xhawk5, May 23, 2011.

1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Hi all. I'm cleaning out my stuff and I found this set of Jazz pups. The winding looks dark, almost black.

The Bridge pup reads 75*75 (smudged where the star is).
    The Neck pup reads 7572_5 (not sure if anything goes where the underscore is).

Here are some pics. I did the best I can.

I think they're original Fender '75 but I'm not sure. Definitely 70's. The covers are original, I do not have the original leads.

Thanks all!

100_8724.

100_8715.

2. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    The pics aren't that great but they look like original 70's pickups.

Is that a stamp number or a marker number? They didn't marker 70's pups, they stamped. Maybe they are USA or CS Reissue pups? They aren't MIM or MIJ, AFAIK.

3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    They are Stamped, not marker. I'll try better pics but the last one seems to be the clearest.
    Thx for your help Michael. After a few hrs of searching, I do think they are '75 originals. And I know what bass they came out of also. About 13 yrs ago I pulled em out of a beater.

The flush mounted Alnico magnets, grey '70s style coil forms and black coated wire make me believe this is true. Just have to confirm the numbers.

4. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    More close-ups...

100_8730.

100_8729.

100_8728.

100_8731.

5. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Oohhh yeah, definitely look to be original 70's.

5-digits? I think that denotes mid to late 70's. You won't get exact years of course (the numbers were random).

6. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Off to eBay. Thx. Any offers? PM me.

HERE is the listing with updated info...