Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Marcus Miller 4 string Bass - Used

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gfab333, May 17, 2005.

1. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Fender MM Signature Jazz Bass,
    For local pick up in Hawaii only. priced @ $500.
    Need the cash to pay for a new Sadowsky.

This is a made in Japan model #B002173, stock, with a set of new Elixer Nanowebs. The neck is very stable, and I have it set up nearly-straight with low string action. Plays very nicely, and yes you can sound like Marcus when you play it, well... almost.

The bass is in good condition with some signs of normal wear (fine finger nail scratches on the pickguard; one small ding on the front under the forearm position, and 3 or 4 on the back - size about 1/16", none that break the surface). This bass is not beat up at all and shows very well.
    [​IMG]

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That's a great bass at a great price... it's a shame that a mere 0.000358% of we TB'ers can meet the pickup criteria. :p

3. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Open that baby up to the rest of us, and I'll bet it gets sold... :meh:

4. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Sorry, In my rush to get the bass listed I forgot to say there's no case or gig bag. Thus, I don't have anything to ship it in, to the upper 49. I wouldn't want to pack it in a box of popcorn or bubblewrapped. Also, the shipping would raise the buyer's cash out of pocket by another $65 to $95 depending on location.

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Only .000358%? I thought there were more of us here. Well, I know there are a lot of non-registered lurkers from Hawaii. Hawaiians can be kind of shy, and don't get into the thread posting thing.... :scowl: :D :eyebrow:

Purchaser criteria revised to anyone in Honolulu, Hawaii seeing this post. :bag:

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    PM sent about shipping.

-Mike

7. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I'll be on Oahu in about 3 weeks, and am interested in checking it out.. shoot me an email

fiebru1119@yahoo.com

8. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    That's quite an ensemble of expressions. I'd be happy to round up my estimate to a full thousandth of a percent with additional evidence of this unregistered conglomerate of TB-surfin' Hawaiians. :p

Come to think of it, I'd love to be in Hawaii right now.

Free bump, and a envious one at that.

9. hell_yes

hell_yes

May 6, 2005
    Orlando, Fl
    damn... i would be all over that if i wasn't in florida.

10. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Hear that Nate? :)

11. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Capt Wally,

Thanks for nudging Nate. I haven't heard from him in awhile, so I think that he's too busy having fun with his new Schroeder cabs to be interested in buying another bass. :D

12. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Bass is now available for sale to the Upper 49! :smug:

Buyer pays shipping costs and insurance. Selection of the shipping service (FedEx, UPS, BAX Global, USPS) is at the discretion of the buyer.

Paypal payment is preferred.

Feel free to email me with any questions.
    :bassist: :D :bassist: