Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Marcus Miller in Sunburst - $675

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by malthumb, Sep 18, 2003.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    SOLD on Tuesday, September 30th!!

Haven't had it long, but I've decided to sell this beautiful bass. I have my eye on something special, so I'm selling this and my Lakland Skyline fretless to make room in my music room and my wallet.

This one has a U-Retro preamp and kicks serious booty. Comes with a hardshell case.

I'll accept Paypal and USPS money orders.

If someone is interested in both this and the Lakland fretless, I'll package them for $1,350.

[​IMG]

2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Nice one, interested in trades??

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Not particularly. I already have the replacement for the basses I'm selling picked out. On the other hand, never say never......

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    **burp** I mean bump

5. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Nice bass
    and nice picture too ;) :D

The U-retro really makes this a nice bass.
    I used to own this one

-KB

6. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    You're probably wondering if I got my carpeting at the same place you got yours ;)

You're right. This is quite the nice bass. When I bought it I thought, "Everybody's supposed to have a Fender, so this'll be mine". Thing is, I already have an Alembic 4 string and I don't even play that one much. The rest of my basses are either 5 or 6 string. I don't see working a second 4 string into my rotation, so this bass pretty much sits.

I've found a fretless 6 that I'd like to get my hands on, so I'm selling my "redundant" basses. The 4 string Fender is redundant with my 4 string Alembic. If I get the fretless 6, I won't need my fretless 5.

Peace,

James

7. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Yeah must be the same carpet, furniture and strap dealer ;) :D

This bass has a 1 piece body and from what I understand used to be owned by Bobby Vega at some point in its history

-KB

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Thanx for the history! At this point I'm probably keeping the Fender and just selling the Lakland. I just won the eBay auction for a 6 string fretless Hanewinckel for a lot less than I thought I'd have to pay. The fretless Hanewinckel can replace my fretless Lakland, so maybe I'll keep the Fender. Now where'd I put that strap......