1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED Fender Marcus Miller J - Upgraded John East 02 preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DaymonJ11, Dec 29, 2017.

1. DaymonJ11

DaymonJ11 Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Price:
    $900
    Strings:
    Here’s a really nice John East 02 upgraded, Made in Japan, Marcus Miller 4 in great condition. The previous owner installed the strap locks and did an average job.

I received this in a trade in another group. I had intended on keeping it, but, I just like my Bluesman Vintage more.

The bass sounds great with the JE02 preamp upgrade, and is much more rangey in its voice. I had some Nordstrand pickups in this, thinking it’d sound better, and crazily enough, it didn’t.

Then I tried Ulyates, and again, it didn’t quite sound right. So, I just threw the original pickups back in it, and it sounded great, so they stayed. All that to say it’s original with exception of the preamp.

The preamp in this is a monster. They’re about $300 and often more, when you can find them. Bass has a fresh set of Warwick EMP’s and has been fully set up with nice low action.

No case included, and I don’t have the ashtray covers. But will ship in a nice gig bag, well packaged and fully insured.

Will entertain trades. Throw them at me!

Attached Files: