1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Marcus Miller neck radius info?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassman8416, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Hey Folks,
    I just got a a month old sunburst Fender Marcus Miller bass. its mint....but, I foolishly thought it would be like an earlier(2005)model that had a narrower neck. Does anyone have the specifics on the necks with years and/or how the radius is determined?
    I am going to have to trade or sell this one and find a narrower one. Thanks for your help.

2. I assume you referring to the MIJ Marcus IV.

The Marcus neck uses standard 1.5" jazz nut width. The Marcus is also fairly thin from front to back also. What aspect of the neck feels chunky to you? I'd say the Marcus is on the slimmer side of J necks that fender makes minus the Geddy of course.

3. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    They are both Marcus's....and this one is 1.5" nut...for some reason it has a different feel than the one I sold off. Beautiful Modulus Q6 you are selling there J'F Jesus....wish it was a Q5.

4. Thanks for the compliment sir! Would you be interested in working out any sort of trade?

5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    i'm a bit confused by the question, since the radius has nothing to do wit the nut width or the rear profile.