1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Marcus Miller Signature Jazz - w/bag, strap, & strap locks - $650 SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SuperDuck, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    This is a tough one to sell! This has been one of the best basses I've owned, but I have another purchase coming up and have to make some room in the fleet.

This is a Fender Marcus Miller Signature Jazz Bass. This bass is all stock.

Some features:
    • Crafted in Japan
    • Two-band preamp with active/passive switch (one of the few Fenders with this feature)
    • Badass II bridge
    • Bridge pickup cover
    • Bound and blocked maple fretboard
    • Ash body (this particular instrument has a great grain pattern)
    • Single coil pickups
    • Vintage reverse-style tuners

Included with this sale: I will include a Musician's Friend Elite Gig Bag with this bass. I was really surprised when I got this bag - it's a great bag for the money. Also, I installed Strap locks (the push-button kind) on this bass as soon as I bought it. I will keep the strap locks on the bass and include a strap with the matching buttons.

About this particular instrument:
    This bass is in great condition; I try to take good care of my instruments. There are no major dings, scratches, or chips anywhere on this bass. The only visible wear is on the pickguard, and that's just from normal playing. (Mostly slapping.) See the picture below. This bass is probably medium-weight as far as MM signatures go. That is, it won't break your back but I've also played lighter instruments. My only gripe with this bass is that the tuners are somewhat difficult to turn. They feel kind of stiff. Every MM I've played had that, though, and I'll have to admit that it stays in tune like none other. The construction of this bass is amazing - I've played a lot of American Fenders and I would say that this bass is put together as well if not better than all of them. The slap tone is, of course, to die for. The bass is currently set up with low action and strung up with medium gauge DR Hi-Beams. I will loosen the strings during shipping.

Pictures: (Please pardon my cluttered apartment, cats not included with sale.)
    PICT0048.
    PICT0051.
    PICT0049.
    PICT0052.
    PICT0054.
    PICT0056.
    PICT0058.
    PICT0060.

Price:
    $650 + shipping to the continental US only. Shipping costs will include insurance for the full value of the bass. I am not looking for any trades at this time, unless you happen to have a 4-string Warwick $$ Corvette.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM or email me.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.