1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Marcus Miller V: natural finish, extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ad9000, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    Made in 2009, and easily the lightest and most resonant of the dozen or so Marcus V's I've played. In addition, the body has very attractive grain compared to some of the other Marcus basses I've seen. It weighs in at 8 lbs. 15 oz on my postal scale. It sounds great and is currently set up with medium-low action and DR .45 - .105 Hi-Beams.

This bass has been upgraded with an Aguilar OBP-2 preamp (wired for 9V operation), a passive tone control, and Dunlop Straplocks. Old-style Jazz Bass pointer knobs are installed in place of the originals (which are included). I have all the original electronics and parts, including the neck ashtray pickup cover and all the supplied case candy. It comes in the original black tolex case.

The control layout is vol-vol-passive tone-treble all boost-bass all boost + active/passive toggle switch.

Condition wise: the pickguard has the typical wear that occurs with any significant amount of playing time on these basses (FYI the swirls on the pickguard in the closeup pic of the body are reflections). There is a small cluster of superficial scratches at the rear center of the body which are only visible if you look at a certain angle in bright light. There are similar scratches just above the treble side of the neck pickup, probably from a fingernail. The frets have a slight amount of visible wear, but not enough to affect setup or playability at all. I put some foam in the battery cavity, because the battery was vibrating on certain notes (a testament to the resonance of this particular bass). Otherwise, no dings or issues whatsoever.

$1500 shipped within CONUS via FedEx Ground. I'm not interested in any trades right now, thank you. Local pickup or delivery is ok (I'm in Laguna Beach, CA), and I'd knock $50 off the price for not having to ship.

MarcusVbodyfront.

MarcusVincase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    SOLD.

Thread Status: