1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Marcus Miller V owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jongor, Jan 21, 2005.

1. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    What's the B like on these basses?

I have a Skyline 55-02 now and the B kills, but the 35" scale doesn't agree with me.

The 55-02 neck is really easy to play, how's the MM?
    Is the neck shape asymmetrical?

Any info would be appreciated!

Oh, and I'd consider a trade too!
    :D

2. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    I'm curious about these beasties too. . . I had a MM 4 for a while but I love my low B too much. Come on fellers, does nobody in all of talkbass land own one? :bag:

3. Many do, including the odder colors (such as black and white MMs!) I'd like to see pics of!

4. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    There were 2 of them (both have been sold) here in Tampa fl.at a store call Legends just recently and the B string on the both of them was nice and tight,but I'm pretty sure in large, this was do to the pro quality setup that all of the basses/guitars get at the store even before they see the rack. I did get to try a couple of them when they 1st came out and I thought it was a real good bass then.

5. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    the neck does have a asymmetrical profile with a 7.25 radius.IMO it's one of the better feeling necks that's out there if you're into the asymmetrical shape.

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    You know as much as I like this bass,I don't think I would want to purchase a new one because the base retail price as gone up to almost $2400.00,so that means you may be able to get it for around the high $1500 to the low $1600 dollar range,and personaly as much as I love Fender,I just can't see it because we are defantly talking Sadowsky (Metro-with about 3 or 400.00 more bucks depending on the model) if I were going to spend this type of money on a Jazz bass or a damn good used Mike Lull which I KNOW that you can get for what they want for the MM5.

7. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Crazy pricing on the MMV. I have a Sadowsky Metro and MMV. If I put new strings on both basses and A/B them they are actually pretty close but I do like the Metro preamp and the B on the Sadowsky. I prefer the look of thte MMV and would probably have preffered to have bought a vintage Metro in the long run. Next time . . . .

EDIT: Your neck shape question. The MMV is one of the thinest necks front to back that I have played. Both Metro and MMV feel great in my hands. I'm actually thinking I might put new string on the MMV and take it to the blues jam tonight.