Fender Marcus Miller V owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jongor, Jan 21, 2005.

1. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    What's the B like on these basses?

I have a Skyline 55-02 now and the B kills, but the 35" scale doesn't agree with me.

The 55-02 neck is really easy to play, how's the MM?
    Is the neck shape asymmetrical?

Any info would be appreciated!

Oh, and I'd consider a trade too!
  2. gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    I'm curious about these beasties too. . . I had a MM 4 for a while but I love my low B too much. Come on fellers, does nobody in all of talkbass land own one? :bag:
  3. Many do, including the odder colors (such as black and white MMs!) I'd like to see pics of!
  4. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    There were 2 of them (both have been sold) here in Tampa fl.at a store call Legends just recently and the B string on the both of them was nice and tight,but I'm pretty sure in large, this was do to the pro quality setup that all of the basses/guitars get at the store even before they see the rack. I did get to try a couple of them when they 1st came out and I thought it was a real good bass then.
  5. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    the neck does have a asymmetrical profile with a 7.25 radius.IMO it's one of the better feeling necks that's out there if you're into the asymmetrical shape.
  6. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    You know as much as I like this bass,I don't think I would want to purchase a new one because the base retail price as gone up to almost $2400.00,so that means you may be able to get it for around the high $1500 to the low $1600 dollar range,and personaly as much as I love Fender,I just can't see it because we are defantly talking Sadowsky (Metro-with about 3 or 400.00 more bucks depending on the model) if I were going to spend this type of money on a Jazz bass or a damn good used Mike Lull which I KNOW that you can get for what they want for the MM5.
  7. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Crazy pricing on the MMV. I have a Sadowsky Metro and MMV. If I put new strings on both basses and A/B them they are actually pretty close but I do like the Metro preamp and the B on the Sadowsky. I prefer the look of thte MMV and would probably have preffered to have bought a vintage Metro in the long run. Next time . . . .

EDIT: Your neck shape question. The MMV is one of the thinest necks front to back that I have played. Both Metro and MMV feel great in my hands. I'm actually thinking I might put new string on the MMV and take it to the blues jam tonight.