1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Marcus Miller V w/upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by binky, Oct 14, 2013.

1. binky

binky Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Really wish I could keep this but I need to sell it. Great Marcus tone and feel in a 5 string and made in the US. It has an Aguilar OBP-1 preamp with a VTC (passive tone control) that works in both passive and active. Controls are Volume,Blend,Passive Tone,Bass/Treble and active/passive switch. I had the Volume-Volume switched to Volume-Blend and had the wiring job cleaned up. The bass is in immaculate condition, no scratches that I can see, only some light wear on the pick-guard.
    This bass has the slap tone for days but can easily do Jaco or Dub or anything else. Will try and make some sound clips in the next couple days. For right now here's a link to the previous thread for pictures and more details. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fender-marcus-miller-v-natural-finish-extras-1020062/

$1500 shipped in a Fender HSC

Here's a sound clip, first back pickup favored with bass boost, second both pickups with bass boosted and third slap with both bass and treble boosted: http://www.deanschmidtbass.com/Marcus 5 String.mp3

It can do so much more though.

2. binky

binky Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2004
    added a sound clip TTT

3. binky

binky Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2004
    clipos magnificos

4. binky

binky Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2004
    bump

5. Flipper

Flipper sale: Sadowsky NYC PJ5

Jan 11, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Hey Binky, I have a Shoreline version with no upgrades. I have to say its probably the best I've ever had. I got rid of a Classic Custom V recently and I really don't miss it. My MM I don't think I'll ever be able to let go.
    This is a steal. When I see these go up for anywhere near the asking price I just shake my head. As a matter of fact, If my FBass sells I may be talking to ya.
    Lastly, the clip is fantastic, Jaco would be proud. I don't know what you've got to cover what this bass will do, but it sounds like you should keep it, to me. Great stuff, would love to hear more.

6. binky

binky Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Thanks

7. Blueinred

Blueinred

Mar 12, 2009
    Greater Cincy
    Damn. I just listened to the clip.

That thing's got the T's and the A. Nice chops.

8. binky

binky Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Thank you bump

9. binky

binky Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2004
    one last bump before being traded tomorrow

10. binky

binky Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Traded